Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Playing Catch-Up...

Sometimes we allow ourselves to get so caught up on other things we look up and realize life is passing us by. Now you find yourself playing "catch up" to do those things you always wanted but pushed aside. I like the saying "Life is what's happening while we're busy making other plans" {Unknown}. We've all sat down at one time or another and planned out how we wanted life to be. We wanted to finish school at this age, have children at this age, etc. And then things go completely different. Whether things of our control or not. Life does keep going. Instead of beating yourself up with the I wish or I should'ves and so on...Start Now! It's never too late to go after what you want. It's never too late to chase a dream. Sure things may not have happened as you liked or wanted. Don't block a bigger blessing. Don't sit in self-pity. Don't beat yourself up over what hasn't been done. Commit to trying Now! In the end that's all that you can do anyway. I remember after my relationship ended with my children's father I sat wondering Wow, where has the years gone? I had never paid a lot of attention before. I was so focused on him and the children I lost sight of me and my dreams. Every since I've felt like I'm playing catch up. I no longer dwell on the time lost or the goals yet undone. I'm working on them. I realized that was a part of my life I needed to go through. So instead of beating myself up and getting down I'm looking ahead at what's in store for me. Don't worry if you're playing "catch up". Just keep striving and working toward your goal/dream, that's the important thing. You'll get there so stay focused. You were meant to live a Fabulous life...so work on living it!

No comments:

Post a Comment